Phuket Heritage Trails
Phuket Heritage Trails is a Private Tour that will let you discover areas of Phuket that are unknown to most visitors. Immerse yourself in the charming history and Sino-Portuguese architecture of the Old Phuket Town.
While most people only know it as the idyllic tropical beach destination it is, Phuket Island is actually full of history and tradition. In the Old Phuket Town you will find temples, Chinese shrines, beautifully maintained old houses, local markets and lots of original small bars, cafes, and shops hiding up and down narrow back streets.
Walking along the Phuket Heritage Trails of the Old Town feels like travelling back in time all the way to the beginning of the 20th century, when Phuket had a flourishing tin-mining industry with workers from China who shaped the island’s traditions and cultures forever.
- Private Half Day Tours
- Local Experience
- Beautiful architecture
- Knowledgeable guide
- Great day out for the Family
Price in Thai Baht: 1-2 adults 4,200
Extra Person 900
Children 5- 11 years Thai Baht 400 per child
Kids under 5 go free.
Phuket Heritage Trails Sample Itinerary
- Pick up at your Phuket hotel and transfer to the Phuket Old Town by private air con vehicle.
- Tour around the Old Phuket Town by walk, our English speaking & knowledgeable guide will give you a lot of information about the local history, culture and traditions.
- While walking on Thalang Road, learn about the Sino-Portuguese architecture and history that characterizes the area.
- Walk through Soi Rommanee, an alley which used to be a red-light district, now a beautiful view.
- Cross from Dibuk Road to Wat Mongkolnimit, the only Royal Temple in Phuket.
- Proceed along Krabi Road and visit Thai Hua Museum, which used to be the oldest school in Phuket. Here you can learn a lot about Phuket’s charming history, the tin-mining industry, and its Chinese cultural heritage.
- Visit some of the old Chinese Shrines.
- Continue along the Phuket Heritage Trails to what’s probably the tour’s highlight, the amazing Baan Chinpracha (Chinpracha House), a stately Sino-Colonial historical mansion built in 1903.
- Enjoy Lunch at a Local Phuket Restaurant, taste the true local food.
- Depending on time, you may be able to fit in a visit to Rang Hill with a great viewpoint over Phuket Town.
Transfer back to your Phuket Hotel.
NOTE: the time schedule can be flexible, you can do the tour in the morning (recommended) enjoying a local lunch at the end, or start in the early afternoon with dinner. Let us know your preference and we will plan your tour accordingly.
Phuket Heritage Trails Includes:
- Pick up and drop off at your Phuket Hotel.
- Private transport by air-con vehicle with driver.
- Friendly and knowledgeable Private English speaking guide.
- Soft Drinks & Drinking Water.
- Local experience.
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- Tour Accident Insurance.
Admission fees to Thai Hua Museum and Baan Chinpracha.
More on Easy Day Phuket
More about our Phuket Heritage Tour and other popular private tours by Easy Day Thailand on our Phuket Website Easy Day Phuket!